Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snorkeling

I have finally mastered snorkeling! The last time I´d tried (in Jamaica), my mask didn´t fit well and kept leaking water...and then I got horribly seasick from the rocking currents. This time our guide stuck with me until we found a properly fitting mask--one that would stay on steadily and not disrupt my contact lenses! With that in place I pushed through all of that anxiety of feeling like I was gasping for breath and allowed myself to just swallow gently and breathe through my mouth.

I dove off of our boat and onto an amazing site. Outcroppings of coral...the most gorgeous fish in the world (at least MY visual world)--gold, turquoise, black, bright orange, and then schools of sharks! And then sea tortoises....and finally the cutest sea lions--which seemed primed to play not just with each other, but with ME! No underwater camera...sorry. But believe me, it´s all true!

No comments: